Sunday, September 21, 2014

Defending her abortion


A video of a young woman who claims she is not ashamed of having had an abortion.

https://vimeo.com/102618263

After talking about all the things her daughter would have done, had she been allowed to live, she then says:

“But I would have supported her right to choose, to choose a life for herself, a path for herself. I would have died for that right, like she died for mine. I am sorry, you came at the wrong time. I am not ashamed. I am not ashamed. I am not ashamed.”

The following is an astute comment on www.prowomanprolife.ca :

Those are wrenching words. It’s one thing to lay your life down for someone else, it’s an insidious other to lay someone else’s life down for your own.
http://www.prowomanprolife.ca/2014/09/19/is-this-pro-choice-really/#comments


Well said.  It reminds me of Father Frank Pavone's words: 

"Abortion says this is your body given up for me, while Christ says this is my body given up for you."






 


No comments: