Thursday, July 17, 2014

Abortion is Voluntary Miscarriage?

One Planned Parenthood abortion clinic is advising clients to call their abortions miscarriages. This is recommended if the woman runs into trouble after taking RU 486 or mifepristone. The woman is advised to go to the emergency room of the hospital and to say that she is having a miscarriage.

How very convenient for Planned Parenthood—absolving itself of liability for the harm it is doing to women. The organization merely takes the money and runs. It can’t get more back-alley or deceptive than this.

http://www.lifenews.com/2014/07/16/planned-parenthood-calls-killing-a-baby-with-the-abortion-drug-a-voluntary-miscarriage/

As someone who has had three miscarriages that required hospitalization, I find this offensive. When I arrived at emerg with one miscarriage, I was surprised to find that my case was listed as a "spontaneous abortion".  In another instance, the medical staff looked at my case history and assumed that I had had an abortion previously until I corrected them that this was not so, I had miscarried.

For anyone who has suffered through a miscarriage, to equate a woman's termination of her pregnancy with an involuntary miscarriage is deeply offensive.  And that is just how this affects the women involved personally. To deceive medical personnel about your case is another level of wrongdoing.






No comments: