Monday, December 9, 2013

Giving Honour to Evil - Gloria Steinem

Longtime pro-abortion activist Gloria Steinem today received the highest honor the Untied States can bestow upon a citizen who is not a member of the U.S. military. Obama today awarded sixteen recipients of the Presidential Medal of Freedom and those recipients included abortion activist Gloria Steinem.
 The Presidential Medal of Freedom is “presented to individuals who have made especially meritorious contributions to the security or national interests of the United States, to world peace, or to cultural or other significant public or private endeavors,” and Obama apparently believes dedicating one’s life to promoting abortion is a part of that list.
http://www.lifenews.com/2013/11/20/obama-awards-presidential-medal-of-freedom-to-abortion-activist-gloria-steinem/


Gloria Steinem had an abortion 57 years ago. Here is what she has to say about it:

It [abortion] is supposed to make us a bad person. But I must say, I never felt that. I used to sit and try and figure out how old the child would be, trying to make myself feel guilty. But I never could! I think the person who said: “Honey, if men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament” was right. Speaking for myself, I knew it was the first time I had taken responsibility for my own life. I wasn’t going to let things happen to me. I was going to direct my life, and therefore it felt positive. But still, I didn’t tell anyone. Because I knew that out there it wasn’t [positive].

http://www.lifenews.com/2013/11/24/gloria-steinem-women-need-abortion-and-abortion-is-a-sacrament/?goback=%2Egde_1783791_member_5815547819305492483#%21

So taking responsibility for one's own life includes taking a life that is not your own.

Canada gave a similar honour to Henry Morgentaler, who admitted to taking over 5000 lives personally; and his fight to legalize abortion on demand in Canada opened the doors to another 3.5 million lives taken.

Not much to say except to quote Isaiah 5:20:

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness;
Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
 I believe it was Cardinal O'Connor of NY who said that we would have to face all those children whose lives were taken when we leave this world. It will be a dreadful truth for all of us to face.





No comments: