Monday, July 1, 2013

Fostering in Nova Scotia

A friend emailed me that it has come to her attention that there are quite a number of babies requiring foster homes. They are currently housed at the former Home for Coloured Children in Dartmouth Nova Scotia. 

I had no idea that there was such a need for foster parents. Nor did I know that orphanages still seem to exist. I thought they had gone out years ago. But apparently not.

If you are interested, or if you know of someone who might be interested in fostering, please click on this link

Becoming a Foster Parent

There you can find a questionnaire to see if fostering is "right" for you. And then you can proceed if you feel led that way.  Please be aware that the process takes some time (nine weeks is what I have been told) in order to clear criminal records and also to take a required course. 

No comments: