Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Christians getting scared

The reason I’m scared is that the powers of the mass media and the state are lining up with the powers of the Culture of Death. The homosexualists and those who back abortion and a huge proportion of the American population who support their views are joined by an even larger proportion of the American population who are indifferent and who perceive liberty as letting everybody do whatever they want.
The above quote is from Father Dwight Longenecker who writes his blog at www.patheos.com

Read his post at  Why I'm Scared

I’m scared because I think that rage is not going to remain behind the mask of nice-ness for long. We’re seeing that demonic rage lurking beneath the surface beginning to emerge, and when it does take cover. That’s why I’m scared, and that’s why I am very careful what I write on this blog–because I have already had threats from homosexualists that they know where I live and they are out to get me. I have already witnessed the burning acid of irrational rage against the Catholic Church in com boxes and in emails to a priest friend who dared to criticize Obama. I’ve already witnessed the howling, screaming rage against the truth, beauty and goodness of the Catholic Church and her saints.

These are tough days for people of faith. Yesterday I met with a Pentecostal pastor about the upcoming 40 Days for Life vigil here in Halifax. I told him that, while we are not confrontational when we pray on the public sidewalk, the very issue of abortion is controversial and so we meet opposition, at times quite angry opposition. He looked at me and said very slowly and very clearly

                         Vision attracts attacks.

Then he repeated it. And in case I didn't understand what he was saying, he explained that any time we present God's truth to the world, we can expect Satan to show up to oppose it. 

Things are going to get tougher, I am convinced of it. So pray and stand firm, because we will be tested.

No comments: