Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Morgentaler's death

I don't think it is a coincidence that Henry Morgentaler has died the day after the New Brunswick court case was decided against him. For years he had tried to get NB to pay for abortions that were performed in his private clinic.

I have seen that very clinic in Fredericton when I was invited to speak at the 2011 March for Life in NB. The NB Right to Life group is right next door to Morgentaler's clinic there. They almost share a wall, with the one establishment terminating "unwanted" babies, while in the house next door, women are supported in their choice to have their baby.

I have to confess I don't have any sympathy for Morgentaler. And I can't even bring myself to say "Lord have mercy" upon him. Because I believe that God is both just and merciful, and He has already decided where Henry Morgentaler will spend eternity.  At this point, my prayer is useless.

What I do find incredibly tragic is the number of women who are singing his praises and thanking him for what he did for women's rights in Canada. If they only knew the truth, they would realise what a complete reversal of truth such thoughts are. Lord have mercy upon them.

For Peter Ryan's statement on the passing of Henry Morgentaler, click here

New Brunswick Right to Life

No comments: