Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pro-Choice - Yes!


Protesters from the 40 Days for Life vigil in Halifax spray-painted a billboard on Gottingen Street after their sit-in at the vigil.

365 Days of Choice
40 days of fundamentalist bullsh*t

And so here is Terry's story:

I just want to tell the world why I think abortion is WRONG!

I was faced with that "CHOICE" 27 years ago, and I will tell you that I am "pro-choice" ... I chose the CHOICE that led to LIFE! And I am happy to say that eight years ago, I got to meet my "choice", and plan to see him later this week!

It's one thing to say how inconvenient a pregnancy would be, or how it's not even a human being, but rather a clump of cells; rationalize it all you want ... deep down in your heart, you know it's your baby. I HAVE BEEN WHERE YOU ARE. I know the shame. I've had all the fears. I weighed the options, and thankfully, I chose LIFE! And I know at least four other people who are very happy because of it ... Kyle (my son), Chris & Lowell (his parents), and Joe (his younger (and adopted)) brother! But the happiest of all is ME!

Kyle is indeed the reason I participate in the 40 Days for Life Vigil, but this weekend I was also reminded of another reason. I have an elderly, mentally challenged. retarded, developmentally delayed .... you pick the label ... aunt who is dying. I am very grateful that I got to share my 49 years of her 81 with her! Imagine if abortion were as prevalent and selective as it is today back then ... I may never have met my Aunt Stella, who has had an enormous impact on my life! She is another reason I am faithful to the vigil, ALL LIFE IS PRECIOUS! - Terry

No comments: