Friday, August 31, 2012

Abortion after rape, or incest, or ....

Michael Coren said that the reason pro-choicers ask the question "what about abortion in the case of rape?" is because their motive is to paint pro-lifers as extreme.

The stats show that less than 3% of pregnancies are the result of rape or incest. The fact that the abortion/rape question is brought up at the beginning of all discussions on abortion shows that the person defending abortion is willing to make laws on the basis of hard cases. And it is well known that hard cases do not make for good law.

Pro-choice advocates often divert attention from the vast majority of abortions by focusing on rape because of its inherent (and well-deserved) sympathy factor. Their frequent references to rape during discussions of the abortion issue leaves the false impression that pregnancy due to rape is common. - Randy Alcorn, Pro-Life Answers to Pro-Choice Arguments

The next time someone asks you if you would deny abortion to a rape victim, why not turn the question around. Say to them "okay, I will grant you the 2 or 3% of exceptions, if you are willing to work with me to protect the other 97% of cases."

They never will. And that proves that they are not out to debate the question of abortion at all; they simply want to show pro-lifers to be extreme, uncompromising, and uncompassionate. When the question is turned back to them, you will find out who has the extreme position.

No comments: