Sunday, May 29, 2011
Monsignor Reilly Brings the Truth
This is a talk delivered by Monsignor Reilly after his trip to South Korea. He was going to fly via Tokyo but changed his plan and went to Seoul instead, just missing the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. God's hand at work.
Some facts he discloses about South Korea:
- 1000 abortions every day
- the birth rate used to be 4.3 babies per woman, now it is 1.1
- this means that, by the year 2050, South Korea will be simply a country we read about in history books
Regarding his own city of New York, some facts, shocking but they must be known:
- 41 out of every 100 pregnancies ends in abortion
- in the Spanish community, 50 out of every 100 pregnancies ends in abortion
- in the African American community, 70 out of every 100 pregnancies ends in abortion
In China, the birth rate is now 1.6 children per woman, which means that China is now not replacing itself. In the past 40 years, Chinese babies have been aborted to the astounding number of 400 million.
As Stalin said, "one death is a tragedy, one million deaths is a statistic".
What does this mean for the country? what does it mean for ethnic communities? it isn't hard to decipher - it means extinction. Plain and simple: a human disaster of a scale that people simply do not realise.
Some will ask "but what would we do with all those people if they had been born?" And I too wonder how would we cope with the numbers, but I also know that the violence of abortion is not the answer.