Friday, May 20, 2011

March for Life Rally Fredericton New Brunswick, May 19 2011

Some photos from the rally at the Legislature in Fredericton, NB. There were approximately 300 people in attendance. I was pleasantly surprised at this, since Halifax (which must be three times bigger than Fredericton) gets only 1/3 that number at its rally, and even less at the candlelight vigil. It confirmed what I thought about Halifax - one tough city when it comes to life issues.

This was a remarkable experience for me; I received so much more than I gave to this. I felt privileged to make the acquaintance of Peter Ryan, a man who has put his life on the line for this work of saving women and babies. And in the process, has raised seven wonderful daughters as well. Impressive.

There were several ministers in attendance, about half a dozen priests and Bishop Harris as well. This issue is front and centre in New Brunswick. I am left wondering how we can make this happen in Halifax.

There is more coverage of the rally at this link

Stand Your Ground

including a video of the talk I gave.

No comments: