Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Catholic Critic of Blasphemy Law Shot Dead in Pakistan



The first Christian to hold a cabinet post in Pakistan, Mr Bhatti spoke about the threat facing him last month, during a visit to Canada to raise awareness about his country’s blasphemy laws. He said: “I have been told by pro-Taliban religious extremists that if I will continue to speak against the blasphemy law, I will be beheaded.”

However, he said: “As a Christian, I believe Jesus is my strength. He has given me a power and wisdom and motivation to serve suffering humanity. I follow the principles of my conscience, and I am ready to die and sacrifice my life for the principles I believe.”


It is time that we face this violence by Muslims against Christians, as it is creeping its way into our own countries. And we are remaining blind in the name of tolerance and multiculturalism.

h/t Where the Rubber Hits the Road

No comments: